Dr. Cockrell believes that doctors should talk less and listen more; and that humility encourages trust. Through the benefit of experience she has gained an appreciation for the fragility of the human condition, and a deep respect for the resiliency of the human spirit.
Believing that physicians should comfort as well as diagnose, Dr. Cockrell knows that the healing arts – though guided by science - also require a human touch.
· Nurse Manager for 600 bed correctional facility
· Registered Nurse, KC Research Hospital, Pain management unit, oncology, general medical/surgery
· Kansas City Free Health Clinic - HIV drug trial recruiting
· Don Bosco Center - refugee assistance
· Community Living Opportunities -Americans with Disabilities Act awareness presentations, advocacy and job coaching
Psychiatry Residency, Wake Forest University
Baptist Medical Center, Winston-Salem NC
Medical School, University of Missouri
Bachelor of Science in Nursing, Rockhurst College
Research Hospital, Kansas City, MO
Bachelor of Science, Psychology, Missouri State University
· American Medical Association
· American Psychiatric Association
· North Carolina Psychiatric Association
· American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology Certification
· North Carolina Medical License
Copyright © 2022 Insight Psychiatry - All Rights Reserved.